Religious Education – Basic Information
Year round, in everything we do, the focus of religious exploration is to create a safe space for asking life’s big questions, to build supportive relationships with others, and to practice living our shared values every day.
Janise Rennie, our Director of Religious Education, would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RE office hours: Contact the DRE.
Sunday Mornings at UUFSLOC
• Members and guests arrive by car or bike or on foot from the neighborhood.
• All ages gather in the sanctuary at 10:00 a.m. for the first 10-15 minutes of the worship service.*
• Children then adjourn to the RE space (entered through the back of the Social Hall) for the remainder of the morning.
• Parents/guardians are welcome to stay with your child in the classrooms during RE time.
• RE is over at 11:15 – please meet your children at that time either in the classrooms or the play yard.
*Childcare is provided in the Nursery for babies and toddlers up to age 3, although you are also welcome to keep babies with you in the sanctuary during the church service.
Guests are very welcome in our RE classes. If you are visiting our Fellowship for the first time, come a few minutes early so you can check out the Religious Education area before the service. You can meet our staff and explore the space in which your child will be our guest. Our staff is dedicated to making their experience with us both enjoyable and challenging. You are welcome to stay with your child during our class time.
In order to provide a Religious Education program which meets the needs of the children and is safe, we ask that every child be registered. Forms are available here on the website and in RE. The Registration Form can be downloaded as a PDF or Word document.. This slip does NOT give permission for field trips or outings to specific locations. Parental / guardian permission will be sought separately for those events.
Children can only learn and grow if their environment is safe and nurturing. Safety is our first priority. Please share any information about special needs with the Religious Educator, or our Minister.